Part of “A New Direction – A Cognitive Behavioral Treatment Curriculum”
As one inmate explains, “We have difficulty getting along because we lie and cheat and manipulate to get what we want.” Whether their socialization problems stem from childhood abuse, fear of abandonment, or feelings of worthlessness, the inmates candidly discuss the challenges and benefits of learning to build relationships based on trust and respect.
Teaching points include:
- empathy for others can be learned and developed
- the inability to admit fault keeps you isolated
- genuine relationships are based on honesty
- conflict is a natural part of relationships
- alcohol and drugs distort the way we experience relationships
Workbooks and Guides are also available for purchase. Please contact our office for details.