Running Time: 30 minutes
Preview this Video
In the United States, about 50,000 people are fired or laid off every day. Often, workers lose their jobs because of their own actions—because they didn’t meet their employers’ expectations.
This program reveals the ten most common reasons people are fired, and uses vignettes to help viewers understand which attitudes and behaviors to avoid in the workplace. In addition to learning what not to do on the job, viewers also gain strategies for making positive changes to improve their performance at work.
An Instructor’s Guide is also available as a PDF.
Bronze Winner of the 36th Annual Telly Awards.
Features and benefits:
- Narrated by Emmy Award-winning anchor and reporter, Lori Wilson
- Engaging scenarios depict problematic behavior in the workplace
- Real-world hiring professionals put viewers inside the minds of employers
- Critical-thinking questions foster self-reflection and discussion
This video addresses:
- Poor job performance
- Poor relationships with supervisors
- Inability to work with others
- Disrespecting others
- Misusing company resources
- Poor customer service
- Abusing drugs or alcohol
- Inappropriate appearance